Why This Niche?
I designed BuyThingsInBulk.com as an affiliate marketing website. My logic was pretty simple when deciding on this niche.
- “Buy Things In Bulk” was searched a lot (Approximately 400 times per month according to semrush and ahrefs)
- That exact term was available as a .com domain on godaddy.
- I figured if you had that exact phrase as a website you would be more likely to show up for highly competitive terms.
- I knew with knowledge of eCommerce that “Bulk” was a common keyword modifier, so the number of keywords I could go after was pretty huge.
Building The Site
I built the site on wordpress, used hostgator as my hosting provider, and woocommerce storefront theme with elementor as my page builder. I also have used a large number of plugins to make the site run well. Here are a few cool plugins I used.
- Advanced Custom Fields (ACF)
- ATUM Inventory Manager
- Calculated Fields Form
- Custom Post Type UI
- Elementor Pro
- Essential Addons For Elementor
- Mailchimp For WooCommerce
- Return Refund and Exchange for WooCommerce
- Shortpixel Image Optimizer
- Site Kit by Google
- Stop Spammers
- WP Affiliate Manager
- Yoast SEO
Cool Things I Did On This Site
One of the great things about building a website is that you get to learn new ways of doing things and test stuff out. Risky things you would be a little nervous about if you were to do it for the company you work for. You can make significant changes to the site and test things knowing that there are not many people who are going to care and the only person you need to answer to is yourself.
- Bulk Pricing Calculator
- Custom Store Page In Elementor
- Bulk Buying Guides
- Automated Social Media Posting in SEMrush for free
- Learned how to add new products into WooCommerce via import/export functionality
My Future Plans For This Site
I want to eventually find a way to monetize the site. I follow a YouTube channel called ‘Income School’ who shows how to monetize your site and also write great content. While my long-term goal is to crite content that ranks well organically on google using the income school method, I also want to try a few other ideas I have as well.
- Create a YouTube channel for the website
- Drive paid traffic (google, facebook, twitter, quora, etc) to pages that have high amazon affiliate sales/conversions
- Create dropshipping products in woocommerce and collect payments on the site for physical products
- Sell private label products on amazon for keywords that I am ranking for.
My Website Exit Strategy
While I like the idea of this site and I think I can grow this to a full-time income. I am also looking into sites like flippa to sell a site. I could build it up for a couple years and depending on the traffic I could pay for a nice vacation for the family!